Restaurant & Saloon
Join Us For Sunday Brunch
9a – 11a
Open 7 Days a Week
Lunch Daily 11a-2:30p
Pub Menu Daily 2:30p-close
Sunday-Thursday Dinner 4p-8p
Friday-Saturday Dinner 4p-9p
Sunday Brunch 9a-11a
View Our Dining Menu
View Our Pub Menu
View our Dessert Menu
View our Happy Hour Menu
Call for information or to make reservations
209-984-3446 or 800-894-3446
WE GROW OUR OWN HERBS
Our acclaimed cuisine is made fresh, our sauces from scratch and everything is seasoned with herbs from our garden!
Dining in our acclaimed restaurant is a gourmet’s delight.
Prepare yourself for a pampering experience whether you desire….
- A romantic dinner for two prepared by amazing chefs
- A light meal from our extensive appetizer or café menu
- One of our sumptuous homemade desserts
- To sip an award-winning wine or signature cocktail
- Champagne brunch on our vine covered Patio
- A gourmet picnic lunch to go….
What sets us apart?
- We use only CHOICE beef and fresh vegetables
- One of the largest award-winning wine lists in the area
- Coffee ground fresh daily in our antique coffee mill
- Breads and rolls made fresh daily
- We grow most of our own herbs and some of our vegetables
- When available we buy local produce
- Our excellent staff
The National Hotel Restaurant is the top choice for large parties & special functions. We are the choice for all of your catering needs. Please contact us when planning your event or wedding.
Enjoy Our Full Service Historic Saloon
Area, National and International visitors delight in this romantic saloon with its original 19th Century redwood bar over which thousands of dollars in gold dust was spent in the early days
Order your favorite beverage, specialty cocktail or craftsman beer or select from our award-winning wine list. Appetizers and our full restaurant menu are also available. Relax and ponder what it may have felt like to be a gold miner in the 1850s drinking at this historic saloon.
The award-winning wines served at the Historic National Hotel are all from the Gold Country. In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, this wine area ranges from Mariposa to Nevada City and includes the counties of Mariposa, Tuolumne, Calaveras, Amador, El Dorado, Placer and Nevada Counties. Today these Gold Country wines are winning top awards in wine tasting. Almost all of the wineries represented here are small (15,000 cases per year) and family owned.
Perhaps you’ll meet one of the movie-makers spending their idle time in the saloon while working on one of the area’s many film productions.
The Historic National Hotel’s wine list has won numerous awards:
- Restaurant Hospitality – Best Wine Competition
- Merit Award – American Wine List
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence